2012-12-30 | 3:39 p.m.
1. What did you do in 2012 that you had never done before?
Proper gambling in Las Vegas. Hand me the Monty Burns Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence!
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't think I had any but this year I am giving up crisps for January as I CANNOT STOP EATING THEM. Even last night after the party I went to I had a quick 150g Kettle chip "snack" before passing out.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No, but fellow steno Hutch is due on 1st January, yay!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My grandad died in July after several years of suffering from Alzheimer's. Very sad but also a relief he's not in the horrible situation of being so ill that he was merely existing as opposed to living. It was strange but after that month my entire world seemed to turn around for the better.
5. What countries did you visit?
Italy, America and Germany.
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
I want a car but I won't be getting one as I live in London where there is many an alternative mode of transport.
7. What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
12th September was my first date with Ollie, where an hour or two in I piped up with "This is worse than an exam!" (jokingly) because of all the questions he was asking me.
8.What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting over being forced to leave the Old Bailey. It was a long, tough road and my job now is no picnic, but I am happy.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not sorting out my ISA whose rate is SHITE. Getting so drunk I threw up SIX TIMES the day after on two separate occasions.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Not really though I've had a bad cold which saw me turn in for bed at 10 pm on Christmas Day. I have some "women's problems" so have been referred to see a gynaecologist in January (I do not trust anyone who chooses this as a profession).
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Smart phone. When I have to go to a job in a location I'm not familiar with I can ACTUALLY FIND MYSELF ON MY PHONE'S MAP. Ahhhmazing.
12. Whose behaviour merits celebration?
My mum as always - she takes me on great bike rides. Ollie for being just an absolutely lovely person and making me happy.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and upset?
I'm too mellow to hate anyone this year!
14. Where did most of your money go?
Rent, travel, alcohol. Probably not even in that order.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The Olympics (especially the dressage!), realising how great it is living in London, Ollie.
16. What song will always remind you of 2012?
Calvin Harris/Florence - Sweet Nothing.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Reading books, as usual. I seem stuck on a diet of Take a Break/That's Life magazines, much to the detriment of my brain.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
At my dad's. My little brother made me laugh by saying "I'm not unhappy because Santa's fake, I'm unhappy because he is a git."
21. Did you fall in love in 2012?
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favorite TV programme?
Deal or No Deal, Pointless, Ally McBeal!
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
25. What was the best book you read?
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Peter Gabriel, ahaha.
27. What did you want and get?
28. What was your favourite film of this year?
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I went to Patch bar in London with friends, drank lots, went to a karaoke bar and did an awful rendition of The Promise by Girls Aloud. I had a smashing time! And I turned 28.
30. What is one thing that would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
More stability with my flat situation (James is selling it and I hate moving).
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
Miniskirts and tights, as usual.
32. What kept you sane?
Lovely friends, runs along the river, wine.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Uni fees, the Tories in general.
35. Who did you miss?
No one really. I missed Ollie like crazy when I was in Vegas though.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Oh, Ollie of course.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
If you always do what you've always done then you'll always get what you've always got.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"I wanna get a Slush Puppie with both flavours."
ancient 101 |
broken guestbook |